Some time ago, when I was going through the Stage 6 of blogging, right after the Stagnation, reading all possible articles on blogging advice, I wrote a post “Multiple Voicenality Disorder” and diagnosed myself with an inability to stick to one style of writing or even a topic, no matter how hard I tried. Somehow I got convinced that it was a really bad thing after reading all the ‘how-to’s and ‘tips and tricks’, which said that one (of the gazillion) commandments of blogging is to have a niche, a topic, and a style. However, after performing some self-analysis and soul searching I came to the conclusion that there is nothing to be done, and I am destined for the bloggers’ hell for violating this particular, as well as many other sacred commandments of blogging ‘how-to’s bible.
Just out of curiosity and my occasional affection for numbers and pretty pie charts, I counted my styles and topics.
The rainbow cried the tears of envy.
As if it was not enough, these days I’m writing a fairy tale. And no, I can’t help it. Sometimes I think my brain has its own life and doesn’t care about my opinions.
Multiple voicenality disorder, stage “incurable”.
But couple days ago I found out that my multiple voicenality disorder got rewarded! My fellow blogger Anawnimiss decided that I’m just… the versatile blogger! Thank you, dear Anawnimiss, you gave me hope for a peace of that blogger’s heaven after all.
This honor comes with some small obligations. The nominees should:
- Display the Award Certificate on their blog. With pleasure, it has such pleasant green!
- Write a post and link back to the blogger who nominated them. That will be this one, link included.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers. Like whole 15? This will be tricky, as I don’t even follow so many blogs, and the ones I follow is perfectly “normal”, sticking to their topics, styles, and niches, so non-versatile, the priests of blogging would be proud. So I’ll start small and will be expanding the list gradually.
- Post 7 interesting things about themselves. Ah, I’m a boring person. But as the rules of the award demand, I’ll do my best. Right off the top of my head:
- I don’t like and/or understand most of the poetry.
- I prefer silence over almost any music.
- I don’t like people, but I like persons.
- If you want to punish me, make me go to a crowded party.
- If you want to reward me, bring me a chocolate cake and a latte.
- I can (and unintentionally make) any cat, child or grandma like me.
- Sometimes I eat popcorn for breakfast.
That will be it. And now, if you excuse me, I have a fairy tale to finish to put more colors on my rainbow pie chart.